Monday, February 28, 2011

Goals Throughout the Deployment

One of the things that I have heard constantly from so many military spouses is the importance of setting goals for oneself to help the time fly by faster during deployments. Every New Year's Day for the past five years, I have written down my life goals, reassessed ones that I have made in previous years, and checked off ones that I have accomplished. However, I almost never set a time limit; They are simply goals-to-achieve-before-I-die-type goals.

But, now, I have a time limit. Ernie will only be gone for a year, and we will only be living in Europe for another 2+ years. I've got some time on my hands, and I've got a lot of goals. Hopefully, these will keep me busy and worry-free - for the most part:

  • Maintain a super strong marriage and send my husband letters & presents weekly.
  • Do my best to ensure that Julian speaks English when Ernie comes home.
  • Create an even stronger bond with both boys.
  • Yoga every morning.
  • Walk, hike, or run outside everyday.
  • Go to at least 2 yoga intensives or workshops.
  • Pay off our credit card.
  • Become conversational in German.
  • Hit every major city in Germany by train.
  • Read 2 books a month.
  • Take one trip to a different country every month.
  • Work on farms in Germany and Spain through WWOOF. (Stay in Spain for a month)
  • Plant an herb garden.
  • Grow, pickle, and preserve a jar of Ernie's favorite peppers. (I have to win this bet!)
  • Ride a bike through the tulips in Holland.
  • Start college full time starting at the beginning of the summer session. Between Pell Grants and scholarships, no money should be paid out of pocket for this.
  • Stage at an incredible restaurant, preferably with a Michelin star.
  • Volunteer at Landstuhl Regional Medical Center with the Nutrition Care Center.
  • Post 5 days a week (total) to this blog and The Friendly Kitchen
Alright, Kids. Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment